Wednesday, August 29, 2012

My Happiness Project - First Post!!!


Lately, I've been working hard to become a happier, more positive individual. I've struggled with depression on and off since I was about twelve (a little side note, knowing people who are depressed can be very difficult to deal with, especially when it comes to them threatening one of the very worst deeds a person can commit - suicide. Many people aren't sure if the person is serious, and often times brush them off as attention-getters. But the best thing you can do is to treat their threats as if they were absolutely serious. You can never know exactly what goes on in a person's head, and maybe they're far more serious than you had assumed, or than they have been before. Treat every case like it is serious, because you don't want to live with the guilty conscious when this person really does hurt themselves and it's partly your fault because when they came to you, crying out for help, you didn't welcome them with open arms). 

So everything sort of started when I got my new job at our local dollar store. It really felt like a fresh, new start for me. It was the start of summer, I had just breezed through my freshman year of college, things between my boyfriend (who you'll get to meet later) and I were going stellar, and I finally had a lovely chunk of money in my pocket. What better time to start being happy and to stay that way? So at work, I gave every single customer, even the grumpy ones, big, wide, sugary sweet smiles. It's really paid off. 25 hours a week spent being happy and smiley has carried over into my regular life. My boyfriend is even happier with me than ever, and I've been happier with myself. I can finally accept who I am, and embrace all the things I love. And all that makes me even happier, if you can believe it! It's like a big, happy chain reaction, and I think I'm going to keep it going!
Until next time!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment